From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:46:18 EST

In a message dated 2/20/2008 10:23:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

A better question would be: How healthy would the women of Crete be if there
were to avoid dairy?

I think they would likely be very depressed over the loss of some of their
most delicious recipes and cuisine.  I don't consider depression particularly
healthy.  Sounds like you are convinced that eating a purist paleo diet makes a
person disease-proof and/or necessarily healthier than people who eat other
types of diets.  I enjoy eating a paleo type diet and feel well on it but remain
completely unconvinced that it is the only healthful way to eat.   Although I
may not do well with mostdairy, that does not mean that others can't thrive
on organic dairy prerferably from range-fed animals.  By the way, below is an
interesting article about Japanese centenarians and their preference for dairy
products.  It would be interesting to know what dairy products they were
eating ie liquid milk, butter, cream, yoghurt, cheese etc. and when these
centenarians began eating dairy.  _Blackwell Synergy - Geriatr Gerontol Int, Volume 2
Issue 4 Page 187-192, December 2002 (Article Abstract)_
(http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1046/j.1444-1586.2002.00043.x?journalCode=ggi)

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)