From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:56:27 -0700
At 09:52 AM 3/1/01 -0700, Dori Zook wrote:
<snip>
>Anyone ever found the real deal and know where to look?

I *think* so...  while one of the local health food stores has stuff that I
assume is without the nitrites/nitrates, but still smoked and cured with
stuff like honey and molasses...

Two days ago, I found sliced, salted, side pork in the frozen foods section
of *one* of the local Safeways...  it was in an oddball area, iirc...
you'd have to go aisle by aisle...

good luck

Dianne
who knows it's not paleo, but confesses it's one of the last of my
hold-outs for the moment--Safeway select low salt appears to have no sugar,
so I occasionally get that for when the mood hits for a few slices...