From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:16:27 EDT

<< Which is correct, Ray's theory (high fat is ok) or this one, which says low
 fat, but essentially agrees with Neanderthin on all other points?

I am not sure, but our ancestors ate very lean meats, which I think was
MacDougall's point.  Venison, for example, has a protein:fat ratio of 11 to 1,
while some domestic meat is 1:2.  Domestic meats are much higher in fat and
saturated fat, and low in polyunsaturated fats, and have little or no
essential long chain fatty acids (found in wild meats) from what I've read in
Paleolithic Prescription.

Our ancestors, until they domesticated animals, ate wild, lean meats, and the
fat they ate was probably much different.  To be paleo today one must eat wild
meat, or find lean, lean cuts of meat, or eat poultry, etc., as far as I know.
But my understanding in this area is very limited...

Aaron