From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:46:24 +0900
Trish,

>I saw an infomercial
>about a liquid calcium.  this add states regular calcium tablets sit in
>your intestine for days and days then are passed.  any opinions on this?

I have heard similar anecdotal evidence about Centrum.  That the
port-a-potty cleaners at fairs, amusement parks and similar p-a-p
equipped
events find a lot of Centrum and other (calcium especially) pills in
the
pots.

I stopped taking Calcium.  I believe that adding calcium beyond a
paleo diet
will just push up blood levels.  This sends a message to some gland
(is it
the parapituitary or near the pititary?) that controls the maintenece
of
blood calcium levels to actually release Ca into the blood because of
excess.  In other words, supps shut off the mechanism.

I think that dairy products contribute to osteoporosis this way, also.
think that a good paleo diet contains just the right amounts of Ca.  I
also
think that weight-bearing exercise is the only way to preserve and
possibly
even build bone mass.

Just my opinion.

Judith