From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:27:29 -0400
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 05:53:48 -0400 Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> However you seem to assume that such insects and all that paleo
> meat-alikes are somewhat essential to a paleolithic living

No, I assume that these tasty and abundant sources of ESSENTIAL fats
and
proteins WERE consumed as a matter of course, and preferentially
whenever
they were available.  On the other hand, you seem to find it necessary
(despite your protestations) to obfuscate the issue by coming up with
all
sorts of reasons that "megafauna" could not possibly have been a
significant part of the diet, as if that was the ONLY possible source
of
available animal protein...

> >...I suspect that
> >you would not have wanted to be the prey of a small band of them if
> >they took a fancy to the idea of seeing just how tasty you might be...
>
> You don't mean a band of Australopithecine women, Lucy and sisters,
> do you?

Yes Amadeus, that is precisely what I mean...

If you honestly doubt their abilities, I suggest you consider how you
would fare against ONE adult female chimpanzee.  My money would be on
the
chimp, even if you weren't handicapped by your vegetarian diet... :->