From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:43:48 -0400
I'm not an expert, and perhaps I am way off here, but others on this
list are much
smarter than me. I'll just make a few observations, half-baked
opinions really:

1. it is hard to get enough calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and B6 often
with a
paleo diet.

2. perhaps you are not getting enough utilizable calcium.
Hydroxyapetite is
calcium processed safely from bone meal, there are several brands, and
this has
calcium that most people can utilize.

3. it is very hard to utilize calcium supplements. I don't have
citations handy,
but hydroxyapetite has worked well for many.

4. You need vitamin D as a co-factor.

5. You need to alternate with magnesium and B-6 (its co-factor).
Taking both at
the same time means that they each compete for receptor sites and
aren't as
effective.

I'd try this for a few months if it were me, 1000mg of calcium with D,
600-1000 mg
of magnesium with B6,  but again, I am probably way off and I wouldn't
take advice
from me :-)

--Richard