Date:
Mon, 13 May 2013 08:05:37 -0600
Emilio > Can you still afford an active lifestyle with this levels of
calories? Me, I could barely shift from the couch to bed and
viceversa... which makes me think I'm not a very efficient machine.  I
don't know for sure, but I suspect I'm on a 2.500 calories per day
regimen and I don't loose nor gain weight so for my build and
lifestyle should be ok.  What's your weight and height, if I may ask?

I am 5'9 and 170 pounds.  My ideal weight is 155-ish.   Let me tell
you about my activity levels.  I believe there is some very strong
evidence that hunter gatherer men followed what we'd call a high
intensity workout model.  Very intense effort every few days followed
by mostly lazing around doing nothing,  So that's what I do: I work
out twice a week at high intensity.  Don't scoff.  I have no problem
jumping up and running a half marathon with little training -- or
doing a sprint triathlon.  The goal of exercise for most people is a)
weight loss; and b)muscular toning or size.  But if only an hour of
work a day -- combined with a paleo diet gets you there -- why in
hades would anyone spend the hours upon hours at a gym or out on a
trail?  That slogging away is such an enormous waste of time and
energy, IMO.  And the injuries...

Sorry for the tangent.  Bottom line is I don't get fatigued -- as long
as I'm getting enough electrolyes in the form of salt, magnesium and
potassium.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com