From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:45:10 -0400
> I have been having funny feelings and mild pain that fits the
> description, and it got a lot worse suddenly, after I got home I told
> my wife.

I am a bioengineer by trade and have had my share of classes dealing with
physiology and medical devices.  One class delt with the electrophysiology
of the nerves, muscles and other tissues with a special focus on the heart
as the prof has been involved with the developement of pacemakers for the
last 30 years.  He told a story about a cardiologist that started having
chest pains late one night.  From his symptoms he concluded it was
stomache problems, reflux, gall bladder, pulled muscle etc...   After about
six hours of this, he finally called an ambulance.  As you prolly guessed,
it WAS a heart attack.  The shame of it was that had he called immediately
he could have avoided some of the permanent heart damage by using clot
busters.  The point of the story is that even experts cannot tell for sure
from patient symptoms if someone is having a heart attack.  I feel confident
that the cardiologist was in some stage of denial  (who isnt?  ;)) however,
few people have all of the 'classic' symptoms (jaw pain, left arm pain,
crushing chest, etc).  I think the gold standard for heart attacks is a
test for certain proteins in the blood that are released by the heart after
ischemia.  Even EKGs can be misleading...

Anywho, good luck! :)  Ob Paleo: I've been eating more organ meats lately,
particulary beef kidney.  I find I like the taste better than liver but
I AM broiling them with bacon, what could go wrong?  Any recipes?

  Wade