From:
Persephone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:05:30 -0500
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 05:56:15 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 02:49 AM 7/31/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>
> > Researchers at the
> >University of Baltimore appear to be the only ones working in this
field.

>The research is being done at the University of Maryland, NOT at the
>University of Baltimore.
>
>Don.

You know, I've been thinking about things. The response above is typical
of the kind of attitude that made me decide to give up the academic world
five years ago. It's mean-hearted and egotistical.

I don't object to being corrected, but I *do* mind being shouted at, and
capitalising a word means shouting in my part of the world.

Actually I have to thank Don for his lack of courtesy (which is ironic
because I had been commenting on how civilised this list was just
recently). He's made me aware of how much time I can waste responding to
such unkindness, or arguing about trivialities with those who thrive on
such debates. Apart from that it really hurts to receive such a swipe from
someone I've never harmed.

So I'm unsubbing as soon as I finish this email. I won't be back. Too much
time at the computer doesn't fit in with the simple life I continue to
create for myself. Too much yapping and not enough *doing* can be quite
addictive ;-)I'm not cut out for discussion groups. I never feel that I
can be myself without upsetting someone, and since I never back down
without good reason in real life, it galls me to have to do it online.

To all the lovely people here (and you know who you are) I wish you the
very best in following the paleodiet. There are many individuals that I
have grown to like (though never corresponded with) purely through their
posts.

To my off list friends here, please stay in touch. And if anyone has any
further stories or information about how the paleodiet affects the mind,
please let me know at my home address.

Sincerest best wishes to you all,

Persephone