From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:08:21 -0800
At 07:18 AM 03/20/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I *have* made the progress I desire, as far as muscle development
>is concerned.  My desire now is to lose fat, which is why I am
>considering various forms of aerobic exercise for some of the
>days when I am not strength training.  I agree with the
>suggestion to take more time off between workouts, especially
>since I need only to maintain LBM.
>
>Todd Moody

        Great Todd.
        It's been my experience that once you've reached a level with which you
are satisfied as far as muscle is concerned then the frequency remains
constant. Dropping caloric intake slightly and doing some walking might work.
        As far as working out less frequently, when one's strength and size have
increased one's ability to induce a stress is increased and therefore one's
recovery needs are increased. Simply put: the stronger you become the less
you should workout to continue gaining. Maintenance training is something
different and not requiring the reduction of training frequency but instead
the lowering of intensity.

Dave