Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 18:27:07 -0700
Are large amounts of organic unrefined coconut butter ok? As in using it to
make pemmican?
I have been giving my son organic coconut butter with some salmon or dried
ostrich , etc.

I would use beef fat and beef for pemmican but he is sensitive to beef.

What are the Lists's thoughts about coconut oil? How much do we have to vary
fats?

He is also getting olive oil, pork fat, as well as the coconut oil. Is this
enough variety as far as fats go?

(Other than small amounts of chicken fat/fish fat etc that is inherently in
the meat.)

Sometimes I feel that a caveman would not be mixing coconut oil with salmon,
but then, his child's intestines would not be destroyed with antibiotics,
either.