From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:45:07 -0600
From: "Inci Willard" <[log in to unmask]>

plus all the wild roses,not the kind turns into bush but the true
> low lying wild roses where the petals and the fruits can make an excellent
> jam or tea.

Your area sounds wonderful !  I eat rose hips for their Vit. C.  I bet you
save them too.

pet wolves gone wild after killing their care giver,

Wow, what a shock.  I have never heard of this before.  There is a wolf
reintroduction program in AZ and NM and it has had its ups and downs.  I've
been to meetings w/ ranchers/cowboys, pro and anti wolf people but have
never heard of a documented wolf attack on a human in recent history, only a
couple of attacks a long time ago.  Nor did I read anything in the paper
about the killing.  I have spent a little time w/ wolves up close and
personal; they aren't dogs (although dogs are direct descendants of wolves)
and are very rough and strong but killing a human??  I'd love to be able to
read about it.  Are the news articles pertaining to the attack online?  The
"care giver" must have had no idea of what it means to be a wolf.

Thanks,
Kath in NM