From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:20:54 -0800

> Bren, who used to weigh over 200 pounds and
> understands where you are coming from, even though
> that is not the sum and total of you, darling :)

Congrats on your weight loss.. are you at goal yet?

Luv,
Debby

  Thanks, sweetie.  This was years and years ago, when I was pregnant.  Then I got "stuck" at around 150 for years.  It wasn't until I was put on a low-blood-sugar "diet" by a semi-holistic doctor that I dropped down to the 120 that I am now, and have maintained for about 13 years.  When I look back on it, it was probably as close to Paleolithic as one could get without knowing about Paleo, which I did not at the time.  It was all meats (no goose, which was really a bummer, hehehe...I missed my goose sandwiches!!!), restricted fruits and the like.  Also, I had to eat every two hours, which, at the time I thought Woo Hoo, being the food hound that I am, but that was REALLY hard, believe it or not.  This was about two weeks before my wedding, and my best friend, who flew down from Pennsylvania to design and fit my gown, was following me around trying to stuff food down me all the time!!  Much to her chagrin, I dropped the last twenty pounds in those two weeks, and she was continually
 having to take in my dress.  Once, she got so frustrated she poked me in the hind-end with one of her sewing pins, hehehe.  Anyway, I still pretty much follow that regime...I graze throughout the day and have a very hard time actually eating a full meal at a sitting.  (Which makes my yorkies happy since they get the leftovers, lol.)

  Love,
  Bren