From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 07:31:34 -0500
The trouble with one point you made, not pruning fruit trees, is that these
are not natural trees anyway, but genetically changed trees that evolved to
meet our needs.  Most fruit trees are not that healthy without some work
from man.  And the fruits they give are not natural, either, for the most
part.  They have evolved ridiculously large and sweet and soft fruits
(ridiculous from a biological standpoint) and do not have the natural
resistance to the diseases found in the area of its beginnings.

I think fruit is a bit of a problem for true Paleo eating.  Not all, but a
lot of the fruit available to us is not natural.  And even fruit that is
natural, like blackberries, would only be available for a couple of weeks
each year.

Fruit should, in real Paleo diets, be a very small, occasional thing.