From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:21:03 -0500
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jim Swayze wrote:

> I'll not argue with your well informed opinions about
> weight loss, and I'll temporarily concede the point that Ray was
> "irresponsible" about how to continue losing weight post-plateau.  But I
> don't believe that I dreamed the post-plateau idea up and since you seem to
> be in a rather pedantic mood, I guess I'll have to give you some citations.
> That will be a good project for me tonight.

Good luck with it.  I don't think you'll find a single sentence
in the book that advises reduction of calories for weight loss,
post-plateau or otherwise.  A good place to begin is the bold
heading on page 22: "Caloric Restriction is not the Answer."
Note also in the Q&A on page 189: "The only *other* way to lose
weight involves caloric restriction and regular strenuous
exercise."  Note also the advice, on page 128, to snack regularly
on nuts, fruits, and dried meats.  Also: "Eating between meals is
encouraged, but it is also helpful to increase the size of each
meal."  Lest you suppose that this is not about weight loss, two
sentences later, we find, "Have faith that as your weight
decreases, etc."  For breaking a stall, on the next page ketosis
is advised, not reduction of calories.  Well, sometimes ketosis
does that; sometimes it doesn't.

Todd Moody