From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:14:20 EST
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> It is more appropriate for two people squabbling about attitudes to go on
private email and not involve the whole group.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> I agree....move it off the list.

I have no desire to "squabble" with Wally on or off the list.  I hope he does
not send me any email.  I have no personal relationship with Wally and don't
want one.

As for whether this discussion of "proper tone" when posting belongs on the
list... I have to say I think it does.  It's up to the group as a whole (and
the list owner, of course) to decide what is an acceptable tone, and what
kinds of discussions will take place here.  The direction of this list will
change depending on whether people write to support Wally and his rough tone
(and/or mimic it), or write to say that details in this field are in dispute
and we should respect the opinions and experiences of others and treat each
other with civility.  The group as a whole will determine for what kind of
list this will be by speaking up, or by remaining silent and giving implied
consent to the status quo that way.

     - Sheryl