From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:19:22 -0400
It is hard to get lots of calcium on paleo these days (modern food).
There is an
argument that you don't need nearly as much as people think. Drinking
milk I
have read causes excessive excretion of calcium in the urine. I'm not
sure about
cheese (but I don't eat cheese as a rule obviously or I wouldn't be on
this
list). But calcium is excreted and the thing about calcium is the
arithmetic
between what's consumed and what's excreted. The popular press only
looks at
what is consumed but that is meaningless. Indeed, there is a
disturbing trend to
put calcium salts in orange juice. No evidence exists for this being
good and
some exists for it being bad.

Anyway...

sources I use:
Tahini (sesame seeds ground up into a butter of course)
Almonds
sardines with the bones in
bone broths (bones cooked in liquid esp. with a bit of cider vinegar
in it)
leafy green vegetables like kale, chard, etc.

--Richard