From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:11:00 +0900
On Sunday, June 5, 2005, at 07:10  AM, Ken Stuart wrote:

> This would seem to indicate some evolutionary adaptation to milk
> amongst some
> genetic groups, but not others.

There doesn't seem any reason for this. I suspect it is merely random
genetic drift. Asians have been using milk animals as long as
Europeans, so if there were adaptation going on, they should be just as
far along. I am rather suspicious too of the supposed lack of milk
tolerance among asians. I live in Asia and have never noticed much of
the sort. My daughter has told me of one or two classmates who can't
drink milk for the school lunch. That is one or two out of forty.