From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:59:03 +0900
On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 03:00  AM, Stan Marks wrote:

> would appreciate any advice on preparation and cooking of of these
> organ
> meats. Particularly, I would like to know how to deal with the "skin",
> or
> membrane, on the outside of the liver. Is that usually trimmed of,
> somehow,
> or is it left intact and cooked? Also, I've noticed that older deer
> tend to
> have liver flukes infesting their livers. Does they ruin the entire
> liver,
> or can the affected areas be trimmed out.

Soak the liver a good long while to get the blood out, that is what has
most of the strong taste people don't like when cooked. Heart is good
just sliced and pan fried. I envy you! No hunting for me here.

I wouldn't take a chance personally with liver flukes! Pretty nasty
bugs and can kill you.

Recently there have been problems with scrapie in some deer herds, I
wouldn't be eating brains right now till that situation is more clear.