From:
Robin Switzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:41:31 -0400
Tom,

Thanks for your feedback.  I've just been limiting my food intake to chicken, buffalo, seafood, veggies, fruit and nuts.  I have been eating a little dried fruit but I find that for me, it is the same as eating candy.  It starts me craving sugar.

I seem to do well for 3 - 4 days and then it hits me - of course, I'm not hungry - just craving carbs...

I'll try eating more - now that's a switch!  I'll TRY eating more?

Robin > Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:17:16 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Low Carb and Exercise> To: [log in to unmask]> > Hi Robin,> > I found that eating a lot helps with cravings. How low carb are you going?> Berries are a good snack with some carbs you can use.> > But really, when I am very low carb I don't notice much craving. But I do it> high fat which really satisfies my hunger. I cook up a big mess of meat with> lots of fat and spices and put it in the fridge. When hungry I just fork out> some and eat it. Cut it into bite sized pieces and steam, stew or fry it so> you always have food on hand.> > On 10/10/07, Robin Switzer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> >> > Friends,> >> > I am new to the Paleo diet - I have a few questions and was hoping for> > some advice from those with experience!> >> > First - how do you get over the first couple of weeks and the> > cravings? Seriously, any tricks?> >> >