From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:33:33 -0800
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:06:21 -0600, Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Your diet, as discussed on the show,
>could, if followed long-term, result in vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
>Also, your serum lipid profilescould be skewed in an unhealthy direction.
>When considering the Atkins diet or any other low-carb/paleo diet as a
>long-term dietary discipline, it is very important to be aware of the need
>for a dietary balance of essential fatty acids ( omega-3, -6, and -9) and
>the need for sufficient intake of a wide assortment of low-glycemic fruits
>and vegetables to acquire adequate levels of vitamins and minerals.

It seems to me that the Paleo Diet is based on the principle of eating as close
as possible to what was eaten by Hunter-Gatherer thousands of years ago in the
"natural state".    IE "naked with a sharp stick".

Once you start to take into account physiological principles of modern
technological medicine, ie "serum lipids" "vitamins" "essential fatty acids",
then you have shifted to an entirely different principle, namely "how do I make
the body run at its best using all of modern technological knowledge?".

Once you do that, you are doing a "Zone" diet, or perhaps as some have called it
a "Paleo Zone" diet.

--
Cheers,

Ken