Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:36:15 -0700
> - Neolithic era (first agricultural revolution; marked increase in grain consumption in fertile river valley areas in what is now Egypt, Iraq, Israel and China) began around 9-16 thousand years ago

Although this is true, I think you rightly said elsewhere that the
overwhelming majority of the world's population didn't begin to consume
the fruits of agriculture in quantity until much later, depending of
course on where they were from.

> Around 3,000 BCE to 0 CE these armies spread the pernicious practice of eating grain as a staple food across much of the Near East, North Africa and Europe, slaughtering or enslaving those who refused to submit to a system of totalitarian grain agriculture and labeling hunter-gatherers and pastoralists as "barbarians."

I believe most people made the conversion to the neolithic willingly.
Be interesting though to know how much resistance there was -- or at
least regret after the switch had been made.  The record certainly bears
out that the effects of the abandonment of Eden were marked and
pernicious.

Jim