From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:14:01 EST
ck out this excerpt from a page at Netrition.com

http://www2.netrition.com/cblock_page.html

"The active ingredient is the trademarked "Trimplex" (phaseous vulgaris)
which has been shown to effectively prevent the body from absorbing up to 35
grams per meal of unwanted starches (about the size of a medium potato.)
CBlock is safe. There have been no known reported side effects with this
product. Order some right away and start losing body fat NOW!

Amylase, a digestive enzyme, is a natural plant extract which helps the body
to break down and assimilate the starches and carbohydrates ingested. The
common bean, Phaseolus vulgaris, contains an alpha-amylase inhibitor, which
is one of a plant's insect defense proteins found in a number of bean
species. With a reduced amount of amylase available to break down and
assimilate (digest) the carbohydrates, it can have a better chance of
traveling through the body without being assimilated, or made available as
energy, and eventually excreted rather than being used as energy or stored as
fat."

The above is an ad for a starch blocking product....it admits, clear as day,
that the amylase inhibitor is an insect
defense protein and that is in the common bean (this has been talked about
here many, many times). This inhibitor prevents the absorption of carbs, in
other words,
it interferes with the digestion of the food ( we all know how beans affect
us and why ).  I am pointing out what is
obvious to *us* because we are told  (on this list ) that these "insect
defense proteins" are POISONS...these pills concentrate these poisons
deliberately to prevent absorption of carbs and thus cause weight loss.

Is there supposed to be an amount of this stuff that is safe to consume?
Obviously we are much, much bigger than insects, are they assuming this is
not hazardous to humans? They
claim they've not had complaints of side effects. (they gave me tons of gas
years ago).

I, for one, am amazed that "the other side" has the same information we have,
and yet they literally use it towards
their own ends, and claim it's a good thing. How can there be such directly
opposite views of the same information??

(Uh,, i know how naive that sounds, obviously this happens every day, it just
pisses me off).

Any comments??

anna 8-)