From:
Donna Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:42:16 EST
I totally understand that this diet is very widely "flexible". I think that
is one of the reasons I like it so well.  We are adapting it to our lifestyle
and the way we would normally eat anyway...so it isn't something that is too
drastic.
We are following the basic guidelines.  I am not looking at it as slipping
back through time to become a "caveperson"...but just taking the general
philosophies they had and incorporating them with some of the luxeries today.
Gotta be honest..I did NOT enjoy trying to crack open the raw coconut
yesterday and probably won't take that road again. :)
We are kinda getting bored with breakfast.  Seems the only options are
fruits, and eggs.  We were Bagel eaters. I am doing alright..but dh could
probably wipe out a dozen eggs in a week alone just in breakfast.
I will have to look through the archives for some other breakfast ideas.
I am a coffee drinker...and have eliminated coffee cold turkey.  One thing I
noticed was I didn't get the withdrawl headache I would get before?  I would
love to go decaff..but will slip that in eventually when I know I can consume
it in moderation.
I actually feel better minus the Dairy/Bread/Pasta. I do miss the rice..and
we will probably add a whole brown rice in a week or so in moderation.
I must say it is getting easier. I don't crave certain things so much...and
can actually go to the cupboard and not find anything that looks good.
It has made me clearly aware of the JUNK we have been eating.  The sodium
intake we had was unbelieveable along with the sugar.  Just being able to be
aware of that is a lifestyle change in itsself.
I do feel much better...and have lost that bloated feeling all the time.
I might be continually hungry and snacking on things...but I think that is
the idea?
I am going to be realistic and not hope for -7/lb weeks every week. I
understand that will level off at some point.
I have hit the gym this week with cardio wkout and strength training twice.
We took a turn in the sauna for 15 minutes each time. I want to get it to
atleast 3 days a week.
All in all...it has started well.  If I can keep us from getting bored..I
think that will be the key.
Now that I have rambled enough.
LOL
I do have Cordain's book...so I will keep reading it. I took The Origin Diet
book back.  I didn't feel it followed the exact principles that Cordain put
together.
Again Thanks for the wellcome..I will try to keep up.
I do home daycare...so I really have limited time on the puter.
Donna/MD