From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 14:20:33 CDT
>Hi Justin, do you call yourself the 'Animal'?
>I can't recall any outline of a diet you call to be yours.

Hey genius, if I would have written this, then I would have said it was
written by Justin.  'Animal' is top chemist who's knowledge of nutrition for
fat loss has worked for many top bodybuilders.  Feel free to snicker at this
diet if you wish, but I doubt the people that use it seem to care much being
that they are much leaner than most who use different cutting diets (and
this is not to suggest that this is the only diet that will work for fat
loss, just that it's the best fast loss from some people).  And he is also
quite knowledgable in anabolic pharmacology.

>You tell about this experiment, which managed to elevate insulin
>"threefold" for 7 hours. Alas you don't tell us 3-fold of what it was.
>The normal insulin level some time after a meal should be zero.
>Anything was 1000-fold above this, then.
>But I just understand elevated.  So then *this* meal shouldn't be an
>example of an adequate food combination (If insulin is supposed
>to come down after some time to enhance good eicosanid synthesis).

No, I'm not telling about this study.  It's not mine b/c it was not written
by me.  Thus, I said it was written by 'Animal.'

I realize it's not exact.  I've read other articles by people who have
similar claims that were much more convincing than this.  I couldn't find
any of those articles b/c I forget where they were.  I merely posted this
one to counter the argument that *all the experts* believe that insulin is
not elevated for prolonged periods of time after a mixed, high calorie meal.

>Either this is a glucose intolerant human or the food combination isn't
>ok (white bread with egg , milk and fat) or 2000kcal (nearly on days
>worth of energy) are simply too much to be eaten in one meal.
>I guess that all 3 apply, at least the ladder 2 of my assumptions.

I agree with you - it's a major flaw with this particular article.

>I'm interested to have an eicosanid composition, close to how it
>was in natural (paleolithic or earlier) times.
>Less inflammatory and pro imune system sounds good.

Well good for you.  Aren't you special?  The article wasn't about health
thru nutrition, eicosnaid composition, or any of this health info.  It was
about keeping insulin levels as low as possible to achieve maximal fat loss.

Not everyone is a hardcore health nut.  And if you are, then that's great.
I now take my health very seriously too; I obsess about it.  But I get a
little irked with what I deem to be a holier-than-thou attitude with health
vs. athletic performance.  Some are happy just being a health nut, others
are willing to sacrifice different levels of their health to achieve a
certain goal (eg bodybuilding success, fat loss, etc).  This particular diet
is about athletic performance, not health.  And the author of the diet never
claimed that it would promote less inflammation or a stronger immune system,
so I don't understand what part of the article your trying to counter by
mentioning this.

xx Justin xx