Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:27:49 -0400
I leave it out altogether - the flour.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Ashley Penney
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 9:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [P-F] Stew recipes

Hi,

My wife and I (and the kids, by extension) have just started moving towards
the paleo recipes listed on http://paleofood.com/, because we just had a
baby and she's allergic to milk/soy proteins.  As the baby is breastfed, my
wife can no longer eat anything with milk or soy at all. (Which is pretty
much everything pre-processed.

Prior to this, like most families we lived off pizza, burgers, recipes
containing a ton of meat and cheese, and grains for just about everything
else.  (Breakfast, bread, rice, etc).

Things have been going well but I'm trying to solicit good stew recipes as
we have a crockpot and I figured it was time I finally learnt how to cook.
Does anyone have any good recipes to share?  The first few I found online,
oddly enough, added flour, which would be a no-go as it's a grain.   Is
there an easy alternative I could use, or perhaps just leave it out
altogether?  My previous cooking experience is limited to microwaving
things, so I'm learning as I go!

Thanks,