From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:00:27 +0000
Jim write:

>> I wish there was a way to force all seven billion people to eat the

>> following diet sourced from grassfed (or truly wild) meat:

>> 1. Very low to zero nonfiber carbs

>> 2. From 80-120 grams of protein per day

>> 3. Remaining calories in the form of healthy fats

>> 4. High fiber, low carbohydrate fruit in season only

>> While there may be some subpopulations who might not do well, I am

>> fairly confident that on the whole disease would plummet precipitously.

While I agree what you have written here, and this eating plan represents probably 80% of my diet, I still believe the sub-population issue is too glossed over on this list. If even 1% of the world's population has some genetic flaw or variation that doesn't allow them to thrive on #1-4, we're talking 70 million people unfortunately "left out". And, from what I've read, I think it's actually somewhat greater than 1%.

I've always had an issue with any kind of one-size-fits-all approach or philosophy. It usually starts out with a "hey, this works for me, so it must be right for everyone" attitude, and then if it doesn't work for whatever reason, then "*you* must be doing something wrong". I read way too many posts on this list (and any other list for that matter) that promote those attitudes.