Date:
Thu, 28 May 2009 12:28:53 -0400
> You and the other dairy eaters are of course free to continue eating dairy
> products, and I value your input, but I have noticed over the years that
> those who eat dairy tend to have less astounding results than those who go
> fully Paleo, including one of my own close relatives. I haven't noticed
> anyone who did much better in the long run after switching from Paleo to
> Paleo+Dairy, but I have seen multiple examples of people who removed dairy
> from diets like the Primal diet or Bear Stanley's diet and found that they
> did better in the long run.

My main use of dairy these days is in the form of butter, which I add to
my meats.  The meat I buy tends to be too lean to rely on exclusively, and
since I'm doing nearly zero carbs, I have to be sure to have plenty of
fat.

Stanley "Bear" Owsley does eat butter and cheese, as I understand it,
since he considers these forms of "meat", i.e., edible animal tissue.

Anyway, I'm using butter and a some goat cheese not for any deep
philosophical reason; just to make my meals more enjoyable without adding
carbohydrates.  If I find that I'm able to do without them, I will.

Todd Moody