From:
Old Grumpy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:25:44 +0200
May I suggest that you compile a list of foods acceptable to you and a list
of foods that are unacceptable, print this list and give your doctors and
nurses a copy:

Here is my list translated from Swedish

Your name follows LCHF eating, low carb-HighFat (lågkolhydrat-högfett)
I do not want:

Sugar: granulated sugar, cube sugar, syrup, candy, cakes, pastries, sweet
desserts. Nor sweeteners.
Starch: Potato and products thereof. Rice, maize.
Grain products, such as white bread, wholemeal bread, porridge, pasta,
couscous, bulgur.
Margarine, a chemical-device filled with oddities. Example Flora, Mild and
Light, and liquid margarines.
Sausages and meat products which contain additives that glutamate, a flavor
enhancer and nitrite.
Omega-6 oils. Cooking oils containing high proportions of inflammation
driven omega-6 fats, such as corn oil, sunflower oil, peanut, soja, soybean
oil, etc.
Fat-reduced milk and other dairy products with low fat.
Fruit, which is high in sugar, and pesticides. Absolutely no dried fruit
which is concentrated sugar.

I like to eat, however:
Eggs in any form. Boiled, fried, scrambled, omelette. No restriction of egg
amount.
The above-ground vegetables such as cabbage, asparagus, onion, broccoli,
spinach, cucumber, lettuce, tomato.
Not root vegetables, which contain higher amount of carbohydrates. (Potato
worst)
Feta Olives, avocados, eggplant, avocado.
Fish and shellfish, as fat as possible. Salmon, mackerel, herring, without
coatings.
Butter and other natural fats such as olive oil and cold-pressed coconut
oil. Although organic rapeseed oil ok, contains monounsaturated fat which is
not as dangerous as omega-6. Bregott is OK, consisting of butter, rapeseed
oil.
Meat preferably from grass grazing animals: cows, sheep, goats, and poultry
and pork. Fat stripes will be left on.
Fatty cheese
Dairy products with natural fat. Cream, sour cream, cream, yogurt, sour
milk.
Fruit in moderation (contains quite a lot of sugar), unsprayed, as wild
raspberries, blueberries, cranberries.
I think I know what is healthy eating for me, and decline a visit from a
dietician who has different opinions.

I sincerely hope that everything goes well for you.

Best wishes
/KJ.