From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:56:01 -0800
Why does the "because" matter if, in the end, we reach the same conclusion?  Many of you here are fascinated with the "because" or the origins, etc., of this diet.  That's awesome, and I'm grateful to all of you for that, thus the reason for my being on this list.  Myself, I have other fascinations I wish to pursue, and would rather find the "thing" that works and makes sense to me and move on.  Not everyone is interested in the same "becauses"!  It doesn't mean we don't see the benefits.  And it doesn't mean we have to take the same path to arrive at the same destination.  It gets a little irritating when someone keeps insisting that I have to believe in one thing to believe in another, when it simply is not true.  I could use the same "logic" that you keep throwing at me...since I (and many many other equally-intelligent people) believe we were created to eat this way, that makes it true.  You and Darwin don't have enough convincing "facts"
 to sway my belief,  just as you don't feel my way has enough "facts".  Either way, I don't see why you think believing in Intelligent Design is mutually exclusive of eating "how we were meant to eat".  I could also throw that particular logic back at you for how "you" believe, right?  I mean, if we were tossing out theories as facts, that is.

And while I love debates (much to be learned from them), being so adamant about theories (widely-accepted or not, still theories) as facts and then assuming other people are lower on the intelligence scale because we don't believe "your facts", well, that's not a debate.  That's pushing your beliefs down my throat, which is exactly what some Christians get accused of, no?

This is my new mantra:  Whether you agree with me or not, just leave me the hell alone and let me eat how I wish for my own reasons! ;)

Love,
Bren

 From: Zack Passman <[log in to unmask]>

To me that's answering why the Paleo diet works with "because".  It ends
exploration instead of seeking to expand the learning behind it. We have
all kinds of fossil, DNA, artifact, etc evidence that shows this to be a
real phenomena.  We can watch evolution in microorganisms in real time.
*****