From:
Aria Nadii <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:05:01 -0500
Debby Padilla-Hudson wrote:

>--- Aria Nadii <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>It's not very interesting. I just use raw egg yolk
>>as dressing for
>>my beef or buffalo patties. Simple but tasty. I'll
>>also put it on
>>tuna and in salads.
>>

>That sounds yummy actually.  Do you warm up the egg
>yolk?  What do you do with the whites?  I used to love
>dipping my morning meat into runny egg yolks.. just
>never thought of using it that way.

Hi Debby,

I have a little bugaboo about eating the whites raw so I
usually cook them or use them in recipes. My husband
loves these simple coconut macaroons made with honey,
coconut and egg white so  it works out well. He's not so
paleo so he eats cookies.

I could be wrong about the egg whites but in my research
kept coming up with the info that egg whites contain  a
glycoprotein called avidin that can lead to a biotin deficiency.
Cooking solves this problem. It was my understanding
that egg yolks were not a problem so I just use the yolks
raw and cook the whites. This may not be a problem at
all for the infrequent use of raw egg but I eat a lot of them.

I also just find the white less appetizing than the yolk unless
it's cooked. :)

I'm sure someone here will correct or update my info if
I am off base on this.

   Aria