From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:15:49 +0100
On Oct 17, 2004, at 2:20 pm, Richard Geller wrote:
> It's a hard sell though -- I discuss this diet idea with people all the
> time but nobody is very interested.

Richard,

I'm a convert to warrior-style paleo now (or is it trendy to call it
IF-paleo?).  By sheer coincidence, I'd decided to stop eating in the
day because my work colleagues complain about the smell of my food (if
it's not garlic, it's broccoli).

I've decided to break myself in gradually.  Today, I took 3 carrots to
work with me, which I had about 1pm.  When I finished (5.30) I picked
up one of Tesco's finest (bacon joint!) which I ate about 6.30.  It's
now 11 and I just had to make myself eat the lamb mince and onion dish
I prepared last night- I really wasn't hungry, despite eating only one
meal.  I also had to force down myself half a bag of radishes, a whole
iceberg lettuce and half a box of mushrooms to stop them going out of
date.  I will probably buy less veg in future...

What I found is that through the day I had hunger pangs that came and
went.  It was almost like my body was saying "eat, eat, eat... ok I'll
let you get on with work for a bit... eat, eat eat..." repeatedly.  I
intend to build myself up so I can go the whole day with no food
whatsoever and survive on one meal a day, either about 6.30pm or
10.30pm, depending on what training I have to do that night.  It would
be so liberating and save me so much money!

A little side comment: one of my mates is 30 but when I first met him I
thought he was not much older than me (22).  I've found out since that
because of his job and training (we are in the same kung fu club) he
eats almost nothing all day.  Now I suspect that the reason he looks so
young is caloric restriction.  I wonder if intermittent fasting will
produce the same effect in people generally (ie me!), and if the
combinatation of IF and CR will produce an even more pronounced effect?

Ashley