From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:45:40 -0700
Lauri Light wrote:

> Does anyone have a source to order jerky (from any animal except beef, I'm
> allergic to beef) that is not cured with ANY type of sweetener and does not
> contain any preservatives? Salt is fine.

I finally gave up on that search and bought a dehydrator, and make my
own.  It's easy.  I don't even use salt (never had a problem by not
using it).

Just buy some buffalo or whatever, cut it into strips or, if it is
ground, make little flat disks out of it, put it on the dehydrator and
let the dehydrator run overnight.  Not difficult, and certainly cheaper
than whatever you would find if you found it, which you won't.

Erik Hill