From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:46:18 EST
In a message dated 3/18/2001 11:01:37 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> If you desire help with losing fat and not just weight please give your
> current training routine, diet, and pertinent lifestyle factors such as
> employment activities, amount of sleep you get, time spent outdoors in the
> sun, do you have loving or stressful relationships, are you under excessive
> emotional stress, etc. Do you see food as something more than a nutrient
> delivery system?
>         E-mail me privately if you like.
>
> Dave

Dave,
I have read in different articles about keeping your environment cooler than
your regular comfort zone in order to boost fat metabolism. Also read about
drinking cold water to  assist your metabolism.
What do you think of this?

Wouldn't aerobic activity of some sort, (certainly not on purpose for
exercise) have been a part of early human lifestyle? They ran to hunt down
animals sometimes....walked long distances for food, trade... maybe?
It seems to me that with all the modern conveniences we have, most people do
not move much during their day.Early humans probably moved around alot just
to do what they had to do...find food, shelter, water, etc.  I think they may
have slept often, but it seems that it wouldn't have been a deep prolonged
sleep since they had a harder time staying warm (possibly) and had to sleep
lighter due to worry of predators coming to eat them or their food.

Also........
I weight train 4 x week alternating upper & lower. I find that a once a week
upper and once a week lower makes me stay sore longer. I always thought that
after a time you would not get sore once your muscles built to a certain
point and that to increase muscle growth you had to work harder, get sore,as
a sign of making gains.
There are so many different opinions and approaches to building muscle.
Sometimes it can be confusing.
What do you think about the soreness issue, Dave?

Thanks for any info.

Mary C.