From:
Laura Northwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:42:53 EDT
> >I haven't had any alcohol in 21 years!
> >

>i never drank wine in my whole life , as a french citizen ,i am an heretic
>in France, i survived the situation very well and had fun anyway. ,
>jean-claude

I appreciate the humor as well as honesty in the above posts!

I NEVER liked the taste of alcohol growing up. After being married for three
years of hell to an alcoholic, I also developed a moral issue against it.
Time healed that to a certain extent, and my current boyfriend of nine
months has enforced another writer's reminder of "everything in moderation"
-- he has a beer maybe once or twice a month. I find that reasonable. He
also introduced me to the one alcoholic beverage I have ever liked the taste
of (raspberry Cider Jack, a commercial hard cider). However, at this point I
can't tolerate drinking it physically because of the sugars and yeast. It
gives me hot flashes, as does pasta. This diet is a godsend. Thanks to
everyone for their input and great ideas.

Laura