From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:30:02 +0000
On Dec 27, 2005, at 9:29 pm, Debby Padilla-Hudson wrote:

> Yup, this is what I do.  Unfortunately my hubby and
> nanny don't understand low carb and are not interested
> in learning, so I have to be the fanatic in the family
> that gets my son to eat right.  But it's as worthwhile
> battle in my book!  If my son stays healthy and slim
> his whole life he will have a better life overall, and
> it will help keep his mind clear for learning and
> more.

Without wanting to sound morbid, it's only a matter of time before
something goes wrong with your husband (unless he happens to be one
of the very lucky few).  THEN he might take an interest in his diet.
Unforunately, most people do their best to deny that food causes
illness until they are struck down with heart disease, cancer, or
mental illness (and then usually only after their doctor's drugs have
proved useless).  My boss is a rare example of someone who has
switched to paleo as a pre-emptive move.  He's very rarely sick and
has no apparent illnesses (although I can tell something would be due
to go wrong soon just by looking at him) but he still sticks to quite
a strict paleo diet.

>> PS Having turkey tonight.  Good recipe I made up for
>> cranberry
>> sauce:
>
> Sounds good!  It would be way too much sugar for me
> with all that stuff since I'm trying to lose weight.
> YOu are lucky you can eat like that!

Well, I don't eat like that often!  Normally over winter I go very
low carb (as a consequence of eating seasonal vegetables) but I'm
making an exception because of christmas.  Thanks to a milk
intolerance that I suffered from as young child to the age of 21, I'm
incapable of getting fat.  Sounds great, it's a side effect of the
fact that I was so drained I could barely perform daily chores.  It's
taken over 18 months of paleo to feel like I'm beginning to recover.
In a way, I shouldn't eat sweet things because they put a lot of
stress on your body to keep your blood sugar up.  But when my blood
sugar drops, I break out into an uncontrollable sweat on doing
anything strenuous (like walking). This doesn't happen when I eat
fruit, even dried fruit in large amounts, so I'm taking advantage.
Funny how everyone responds so differently- the biggest battle is
finding what your body can cope with.  Either way it's back to pork
belly and cabbage for me next week :)

Ashley