From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 12:32:41 -0700
Welcome Peter!  This  (quoted below) is something I have been thinking about a lot lately as I have been learning about wild foods and foraging.  As I glanced through one of my guideboks, organized by seasons of the year, I notice, the emphasis is spring: greens, summer: berries, fall: nuts and roots.  I have considered adapting my diet a little, to emphasize these foods at the different times of the year.  Does anyone else do this?
peter314158 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I think that paleo recognizes a point I've never seen addressed anywhere else, the seasons. It seems to me that during winter we wouldn't have much in the way of fresh veggies and fruit, so our diet would naturally be mostly meat, fish, and nuts, with dried summer produce. Then in summer we would have access to whatever growing stuff we could find.