From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:15:55 +0100
Well, those links were pretty damning and Taubes has been  criticised elsewhere :-

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co.at/2011/08/carbohydrate-hypothesis-of-obesity.html

Re studies:- I generally don't respect  a tiny handful of studies. When the relevant studies are in the 1000s(such as studies done on cooked saturated fats), then I do respect them, even if they may be slightly off in their conclusions. Also,  studies involving research based on DNA seem to be far more flawed than studies on other aspects(such as those focusing on  Neanderthal DNA which tried, incorrectly and illogically, to show that Neanderthals hadn't at all ever  intermixed with humans).

Re Aborigines:- I was already aware that the Aborigines had come to Australia c.40,000 years ago, though I hadn't heard of the 60,000 figure until now. But that still is the tail-end of the Palaeolithic era, since the whole palaeo  epoch was 2.5 million years ago.

Re rawpalaeo:- Obviously, there are, currently, only raw-dairy-related studies as scientists are  too hysterically opposed to   focusing on studies involving raw meat. That said, a number of rawpalaeos have complained that they did worse when they added salt - indeed, most long-term rawpalaeos avoid adding any extra sauces/condiments to their meats at all, as they point out that these interfere with the digestion of the meats etc, plus they don't feel the need to adulterate their meats with salt for taste purposes. The main point I made, incidentally, was that carnivores in the wild have no need for salt, unlike herbivores, so, clearly, there are plenty of natural salts in (grassfed or wild-) meats, and therefore plenty for those humans eating a (grassfed or wild-)meat-heavy palaeo diet(except possibly those who subsist on unhealthy, grainfed meats, which, for all I know, may be lacking in sodium).

Geoff.