From:
Lawrence Tagrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2014 16:10:15 -0400

> I wonder how much of the success of Paleo is because of the elimination of
> *processed* carbs.

------------------------------------

I think you're correct.  I lost 40 lbs and have kept the weight off by
following the original (Neanderthin) diet.  I cut out grain, dairy,
legumes, and potatoes.  After reading labels, I've had to cut out most
processed food and make my own salad dressing, bbq sauce, marinara sauce,
and various Asian spice mixes.

I eat plenty of carbs, but they are mostly fresh greens and fruits, I make
bread from Plantain flour and Flaxseed meal.  I also use Green Plantains to
replace potatoes.

So I probably eat as much carbs as I did when I weighed 230, but none of it
is wheat, rice, corn, or other grains.

Larry
--
Keep the books,