From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:54:06 -0800
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:21:38 +0000, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I don't think you're along in searching for better solutions.  I
>don't think there are many people left who actually believe in their
>heart that modern medicine works- at least not among people who have
>ever been chronically ill!

I'd be willing to be that at least 98% of "people who have ever been chronically
ill" believe that modern medicine works.   (Probably, more like 99.98%)

And, in fact it does work !    The medical industry is expanding rapidly, and
consumes an ever greater amount of the world economy - a tremendous success
story - as long as you don't gauge it's success by the health of its patients,
of course.

This is because - like all industries - the main product being sold is
propaganda.

Notice how they now have an illegal monopoly - on health advice.   If you don't
qualify any health advice with "but be sure to see your doctor first", you are
likely to get sued.

Suppose you have two products.   One is fabulously great, but has no marketing
and sales effort whatsoever.

The other product is complete crap, but has millions of people working to
promote and market it, including statements throughout society extolling how
wonderful it is.

One might reluctantly conclude at that point that the second product is going to
be far more successful than the first product, BUT I am not done.

Included in the vast worldwide promotion for the second product are seductive
commercials promoting the ingestion of small round objects, the effect of which
is to dull people's minds, and make most of the populace even less capable of
making a rational decision.

And, in addition, in all aspects of society, consumption of foods that make the
brain foggy and incapable of making rational decisions, is constantly promoted.

Given all that, I'm surprised there are more than 3 or 4 people reading this
list.