From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:04:15 -0800
> i digress a little here, but I just wqnted to share
> that I began taking
> colloidal minerals (after researching various brands
> for 9 months) in 1996

Thanks Siobhan, but I guess I may have formatted my
query incorrectly. I was wondering about the
relationship between minerals leeched from water and
heart palpitations. I had heard this relationship
mentioned during a "sales pitch" for the colloidals
and was never sure how accurate it was. Seemed to me
that water, even "glacial milk", could not be the only
source for the trace minerals they contended were
lacking.

But, since you mention it, I used colloidal minerals
(with added vitamins) for about six months and never
noticed the improvements in health anecdotally
mentioned in their testimonials. Which, I must say, is
pretty "normal" for me. I have tried many of the "fad"
health products (pycnogenol, colloidals, blue-green
algae, "super vitamins", etc.), and in all cases the
results were never even close to the hype. I came to
the conclusion that I either have an extremely
"cynical" body, or that the users of the products
started using them along with other improvements in
lifestyle that would have given the same results
anyway.