Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:01:18 -0700
Dear SAM,

Welcome to the list,  I am so new that I still answer
Queries like yours.     I also was quite confused for a long
long time;  then I found G. Hauser and many,  MANY  years
later the Paleo Diet.

I am an old geezer.  No one can deny that I am lucky or ate
right as I am still here,  and still alive, and still smart.
AND older than most who contribute to this list.  And still
write using good grammar.!    My Mother was a pioneer girl
in the West.   She always cooked meat  very well done or
burnt to a crisp.   ( To kill every last germ!)  Not until I
got in the US Army and after WWII took an Army tour to
Switzerland did I meet up with RARE Meat.  Got hooked.

I do not understand how brains are not on the list of good
food,  Cow brains I mean, not attorneys brains; which I hear
are way too expensive, as they are really scarce!

When the hysteria about cholesterol erupted I was in a
position to NOT believe it.  How could some one quit eating
all those nutritious foods??????????

I have been there;  Eating all the horrible eggs etc. and
steaks,  and guess what:  I am still alive.  (Some of my
friends who lived on sugar and white flour are no longer
with us)    Go slow,  read,  stay with what sounds
reasonable.   Think and read about what could your ancestors
have eaten --  put "paleo"    --www.panix.com--  into your
search engine and spend a month reading about
"Paleo"!!!!!!!!!!!*

Warning --------Some stuff you  will read here is  submitted
by  persons who have not read all the "paleo" stuff on the
"paleo" list --"www.panix.com" --on the net.   It takes a
week of ten hour days by a fast reader.  If you finish it
you will be able to "delete"  some messages almost
instantly.   Do not try to be a purist;  read and think,
read some more and think some more, etc., etc., and
etcetera.  We would be in a pickle barrel if our ancestors
had not done a lot of thinking!  SO as IBM said;   THIMK!

Keep trying,

Lorenzo

> I just joined this list ( been lurking, poring over the
archives
> for a few weeks now).
>
> I have been on Atkins for a while but was having a lot of
dairy
> (low carb ice cream with a lot of cream, lots of butter,
cream cheese,
> etc...).  My first question is, how do I safely raise my
fat intake
> on paleo foods ( seeing how brains are not allowed ??) ?
>
> And second, as someone who has not eaten a lot of meat in
the past,
> is there a 'meat FAQ' somewhere?
>
> My first experience buying and making meats ( most
previous experience
> has been in restaurants or with bacon / sausage / deli )
went badly,