From:
Elainie Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:44:19 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/04 12:38:43 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> How much of an immune system do you believe you had against this type of
> bacteria?  The reason I ask is that I grew up on a farm, played around
> manure, got it on my hands, clothes, etc.  I remember throwing up a lot as a
> kid, but once I hit age 10 or so, I seem to never have gotten food
> poisoning.
>
> I think I read somewhere how most bacteria colonization on meat happens on
> the surface.  That's why ground meat is bad--all surface area.  So for other
> types of meat, no matter if grain or whatever-fed, wouldn't searing the
> surface suffice?
> Michelle

I was eating a RAF diet for some time, had not taken any medications since I
was a small child and live a healthy non chemical lifestlye.It was my first
time(and last time) having food poisoning.
My 2 children had it as well (not the 3rd child who was 15 months and only
breastfed).

Searing would make a difference, that is how I eat purchased pastured meat
(surface is seared and the inside is very very rare).

Elainie