Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:44:13 +0900
Jay Banks wrote:

> I think a body overburdened with constantly trying to
> digest cooked animal products is a primary cause of cancer.

I think the primary cause of cancer is old age. Societies
where people grow old have high cancer rates.

 There does
not seem to be much scientific justification for the proposed
meat=cancer link. There may be a link between certain
products, fried bacon, for example, but not for a general
meat=cancer link.

Eating more fruits and veggies is widely accepted as
reducing cancer risk slightly, as is regular exercise, maybe
a few other things.

Not smoking, not drinking to excess, has far more
relationship to cancer risk than any dietary change you
could make. Dying young prevents cancer too.