From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:00:48 -0500
These vegetarians get their realms of discourse mixed up when they claim
that we should all be vegetarian because it takes more land to produce
meat (for human consumption) than it does to produce non-meat foods.  Even
if they are right, I prefer to choose food that is good for my body; by
their argument, I could argue that I should eat discarded car tyres and
old news papers.

I’m putting together a list of the arguments for including meat in our
diets and I’d appreciate your ideas about the environmental costs of meat-
eating compared with veganism.  I'd be specially grateful for thoughts
which include consideration of the full "environmental load" - the water,
species loss, chemical wastes, energy costs etc.

Please post them here or point to them on the web.  Here’s a good one:

http://www.westonaprice.org/healthissues/ethicsmeat.html

Any others you know about?

I’ll post the completed list on the web as a resource for us all.

Keith