From:
kelly baggett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:52:33 -0500
liesel wrote:

>However, after two or three weeks I experience what seems to be (?) low
thyroid: cold all the time, lowered energy & bp... And, if i don't eat *a
lot*
of food, *very often* I get the hypoglycemia back.
>I thought my hypoglycemia was from wheat and the carbo-insulin roller
>coaster!
(How frustrating

The problems you're having are likely due to the extended low carb diet
having a negative effect on your adrenal/thyroid glands.  It is well known
amongst bodybuilders that more than a couple of weeks on a very low carb
diet <30-50 grams day quickly leads to metabolic slow down and this is
likely responsible for your cold hands and fatigue.  The solution is to
throw in a carb loading period to restimulate your metabolism.  You could
either do this on the weekends and consume about 100-150 grams of carbs on
each day or throw in a high carb meal about every 4th day (depending on your
goals a meal consisting of 50-150 grams carbs).  As for the hypoglycemia
anytime thyroid is lowered insulin sensitivity will be affected as well this
is why you seem to get it back after a couple of weeks.