From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:38:20 EDT
I'd be curious to know how many paleo eaters need to "carbo load" .  Here are
my questions:

1. How long can you go on just protein, veggies and fat before you feel like
you need to eat fruit or some other starchier food.

2.  For those of you who do need to load up, do you just do fruits, or do you
include some grain products?

3.  Some of you on this list mentioned that you have had more success in
lowering bodyfat by upping carbs, and lowering protein & fat ratios.  What
carbs are you including to get your desired results? Someone recently
mentioned an 8% bodyfat result.  Can you be specific about how you eat?

I'm asking because I want to loose 5-8 pounds quickly (my 25th high school
reunion is one month away, and I can't seem to budge my weight, nor keep up
my energy if I omit fruits & nuts.  Sometimes, I just don't want any more
PROTEIN, if you know what I mean.) I eat about 1400 calories per day.  I
can't do a ketogenic diet.  It screws up my thyroid, and I feel like I'm
going to die.

I know the obvious answer is to exercise more.  But in addition to that, I
was hoping to get some dietary feedback from the list.

Thanks,

Judy Genova, cavegirl