From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:39:20 +0100

>Yet, quite the contrary.  They are quite strong (especially the Koreans who
>tend to eat more beef),  and  muscular.  Those that keep to their
>traditional
>diets  (white rice, veggies and animal protein) and don't guzzle lots of
>Pepsi don't tend to develop diabetes.

Back in my university years I was into bodybuilding for a while. I ate high
protein high carb diet with lots of white rice and I had very good results.

I know many people in the gym who still eat high carb high protein diet
(despite low-carb hysteria) and are very fit.
Only later when I went vegetarian with low protein intake my body started to
fall apart. Now on a high fat high protein diet I have even better results
but it's different story.

Asian diets are high in protein and probably it's a solution why they are
able to stay fit.
Remove the animal protein from they diet and they get fat.

Paul Sand