From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:05:20 -0700
At 04:31 PM 3/22/01 +0300, Phosphor wrote:
>  >         I really disagree with him unless the animal is already severely
>> injured(even at that after wounding a deer with an arrow see how
>> incrediably far they can go). I used to often track game animals such as
>> deer. When they knew I was following they went places that I nor any other
>> human I know has the capacity to go.
>>
>but, we can hunt in groups. Aborigines did this to catch kangaroos, making a
>wide circle round a roo and gradually thightening it.

I'm sure they watched other predators, too.

IIRC, one way lions hunt is to kinda surround, then one scares the prey
into the others.

Wolves do a combination of that and of running them down--taking turns
"herding."

I think the key might be cooperative hunting--it may have taken that
development, more than anything else, to switch them from small game to
larger.

jm thoughts

Dianne