From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:19:41 -0500
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:51:10 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 I personally gain weight even low carb and could not figure it out.
Limiting myself to three or four playing-card-sized portions of lean
protein a day while doing low carb and high quality fat (moderate sat fat)
did the trick and allowed me to lose that last ten pounds around the middle.

Interesting Jim. Congrats on losing the last ten pounds! Have you changed
your exercise routine at all since going lower in protein and lowering
saturated fat, upping monos and Omega 3s?

Also, I'm wondering if you would have achieved the same results if you
lowered the protein as you did, but didn't purposely lower saturated fat.
I'm thinking that the lowering of protein is what may be the key for some
who have stalled out after initial success on low-carb.  I'm still dubious
of Rosedale's claims regarding saturated fat. I think he's merely bowing to
popular pc diet theory ie saturated fat is bad to keep his publisher
happy.  But who knows.

In any event, if one eats the nuts he recommends in the quantity he
recommends to keep hunger at bay, one will necessarily be taking in more
Omega 6.  Almonds, for instance, a so-called good snack according to
Rosedale has plenty of Omega 6.  Avoiding grains helps us to avoid Omega 6
so why add more in the form of nuts?